Last Updated on December 25, 2020Regardless of the type of trip and whether you are traveling solo or accompanied, there are countless places to travel in the US that are breathtaking and will keep you full of desire to book your next vacation now. What are the best places to see in the US? That’s what we’re going to show you; eight great places to travel to within the United States of America (USA). These are extraordinary places that will remind you why the USA is one of the best -if not the best – and most beautiful countries in the world.
1. Grand Canyon – The Most Popular Gorge in the World
The Grand Canyon is the best-known gorge in the world and one of the best places to visit in the US for several different reasons: for the magnificent views it provides, the geological richness that the layered red rock formations represent, the radical activities that can be performed there, such as rafting on the Colorado River and cycling and hiking on the trails of Bright Angel and North Kaibab, among many other points of tourist interest. The Grand Canyon is managed by the Grand Canyon National Park, attracts thousands of national and international tourists every year, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is, without a doubt, an exceptional place for those who want to forget the chores of the day-to-day and be closer to Nature.
2. Glacier National Park – Paradise for All Hikers
Glacier National Park is located in Montana, in the USA, along the border with the Canadian provinces of Alberta and British Columbia. In this national park, you can find a little of everything:
- More than 700 lakes of rare beauty
- Countless extraordinary waterfalls
- Two majestic mountain ranges
- Thousands of wild animals in their natural habitat (bears, deer, elk, and more) It is one of the best travel destinations for hikers since they can make several trails inside the park. Besides, it also allows you to dedicate yourself to hunting and fishing in the summer and skiing in the coldest and snowiest months of the year.