Last Updated on January 3, 2020
There is no point in offering the reception clerk $ 20 to get special treatment or to get a better room than the one you booked. Reception staff can’t do much more than is already established, however, if you get to your room and find bed bugs that´s a different story.
#3 – SnappingFingers to Call Someone from Hotel Staff
Don’t snap your fingers to get the attention of the hotel staff. This is rude and embarrassing behavior for everyone: the employee will not like it; other hotel guests will think they are in an ordinary place without any kind of etiquette and you will be ignored.
You may not know what to ask for a hotel, but you should know how to talk to an employee to fulfill your request.
However, this annoying habit is very often happening in the area of restaurants, bars, swimming pools, among other popular hotel services … and you need to abandon this gesture as soon as possible.
Some annoying habits that hotel guests have at the table:
• They do not give any kind of gratification in a restaurant.
• They stack plates and cups when they finish eating.
• They request major changes to a menu to place an order.
• They order dishes that are not on the menu.
• When men place their order first then the ladies.
• Separate the shaker of salt and pepper.
• Dump the frustrations of the day at the employee (there are people who even on vacation are always frustrated with anything).
#4 – Wearing the Bathrobe in Every Room of the Hotel
There is a time and a place for everything and this applies to the fact that you only wear a bathrobe in the hotel’s spa and pool areas. Of course, you shouldn’t go in a bathrobe to the bar, restaurant or even the hotel lounge – it’s quite inconvenient for you and those who come across you.
It is natural for people to feel comfortable and in a refined setting with this garment, but it does not match the general spaces of a hotel(regardless of being all-inclusive vacations or for vacation rentals).